Looking for more fritter recipes?
- 250 grams (8 ounces) grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini (90g)
- 1 cup (135g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- ¾ cup (180ml) soy milk
- 250 grams (8 ounces) gluten-free shaved ham, chopped finely
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1 large avocado (320g), chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Place tomatoes on an oven tray; drizzle with vinegar and 1 teaspoon of the oil. Season. Roast for 15 minutes or until tomatoes just soften.
- 3Meanwhile, grate zucchini. Using a clean tea towel, squeeze excess moisture from zucchini.
- 4Sift flour into a large bowl. Gradually add milk, in batches, stirring after each addition. Add ham, green onion and zucchini; stir to combine. Season.
- 5Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spoon about ¼ cup of batter into pan; cook for 2½ minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter to make a total of 8 fritters.
- 6Serve fritters with avocado and roasted tomatoes. Top with extra sliced green onion, if you like.
You can use your favourite dairy-free milk for this recipe or, if you don't have a dairy allergy, use whichever milk you like. Replace the ham with frozen peas or corn for a vegetarian option.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best homemade sausage rollsToday 1:00pm
- Fruit mince piesToday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingToday 1:58am
- Basic sausage rollsToday 1:00am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 12:50am
- Pumpkin, spinach and fetta frittataYesterday 11:00pm
- Spinach dip cob loafYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Chana dhal with chutney yoghurtYesterday 10:26pm
- How to cook lamb backstrapYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic steamed Christmas puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- FlorentinesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lobster mornayYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsYesterday 1:00pm