Soy vinegar sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red vinegar
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 300 gram pork mince
- 2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cup (240g) finely shredded chinese cabbage
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 40 gyoza or gow gee wrappers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Gyoza with soy vinegar sauce
- 1For the soy vinegar sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Combine pork, sweet soy sauce, sugar, sake, egg, sesame oil, cabbage and onion in large bowl; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Place one heaped teaspoon of the pork mixture in centre of one wrapper; brush one edge of wrapper with a little water. Pleat the damp side of wrapper only; pinch both sides together to seal. Repeat with remaining pork mixture and wrappers.
- 4Cover base of large frying pan with water and bring to boil. Add dumplings, in batches; reduce heat, simmer, covered for 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove dumplings from pan. Drain pan, dry thoroughly.
- 5Heat vegetable oil in same pan; cook dumplings, in batches, un-pleated side and base only, until golden brown.
- 6Serve hot with soy vinegar sauce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022