- 250 grams 250g (8 ounces) haloumi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 witlof (belgian endive) (250g), trimmed
- 1 medium white kohlrabi (500g), peeled, trimmed, cut into matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 medium ripe white nectarines OR PEACHES (600g), halved, stones removed, sliced
- 2 tablespoons almond dukkah
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1Drain haloumi; pat dry with paper towel. Cut lengthways into eight slices. Toss in oil; season with freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Make honey and lemon dressing by adding ingredients to a jar and shaking well to combine. Season to taste.
- 3Separate outer witlof leaves; halve small centres. Place witlof in a large bowl with kohlrabi and half the dressing; toss gently to combine.
- 4Cook haloumi, in batches, on a heated grill plate (or barbeuce or frying pan) over high heat for 1 minute each side or until golden. Drizzle with honey; cook for a further 15 seconds or until beginning to colour. Remove from heat; thinly slice half the haloumi.
- 5Layer haloumi, witlof mixture and nectarine slices on a large platter. Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with dukkah.
If nectarines or peaches are out of season, use nashi, pears or champagne melon. If you are using slightly under-ripe nectarines, peaches or pears, brush them with a little oil and honey then grill for 1 minute to help soften the flesh and release their flavour.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019