Golden syrup sauce
- 30 gram butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cup water
Golden syrup dumplings
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) self-raising flour
- 30 gram butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1Make golden syrup sauce: In a pan, combine all ingredients. Stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved; bring to boil, simmer, uncovered, 1 minute.
- 2Sift flour into bowl, rub in butter. Stir in golden syrup and milk, stir until just combined.
- 3Add level tablespoons of mixture to simmering sauce, cook, covered, about 25 minutes or until dumplings are puffed and golden.
Recipe best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020