Golden syrup sauce
- 30 gram butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cup water
Golden syrup dumplings
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) self-raising flour
- 30 gram butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1Make golden syrup sauce: In a pan, combine all ingredients. Stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved; bring to boil, simmer, uncovered, 1 minute.
- 2Sift flour into bowl, rub in butter. Stir in golden syrup and milk, stir until just combined.
- 3Add level tablespoons of mixture to simmering sauce, cook, covered, about 25 minutes or until dumplings are puffed and golden.
Recipe best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021