Golden syrup sauce
- 30 gram butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cup water
Golden syrup dumplings
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) self-raising flour
- 30 gram butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1Make golden syrup sauce: In a pan, combine all ingredients. Stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved; bring to boil, simmer, uncovered, 1 minute.
- 2Sift flour into bowl, rub in butter. Stir in golden syrup and milk, stir until just combined.
- 3Add level tablespoons of mixture to simmering sauce, cook, covered, about 25 minutes or until dumplings are puffed and golden.
Recipe best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlYesterday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsYesterday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesJul 05, 2020
- Silverside frittersJul 05, 2020
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyJul 05, 2020
- Perfect pumpkin recipesJul 05, 2020
- Pumpkin pieJul 05, 2020
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020