Golden syrup sauce
- 30 gram butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cup water
Golden syrup dumplings
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) self-raising flour
- 30 gram butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1Make golden syrup sauce: In a pan, combine all ingredients. Stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved; bring to boil, simmer, uncovered, 1 minute.
- 2Sift flour into bowl, rub in butter. Stir in golden syrup and milk, stir until just combined.
- 3Add level tablespoons of mixture to simmering sauce, cook, covered, about 25 minutes or until dumplings are puffed and golden.
Recipe best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021