- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 125 gram butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 1 apple, cored, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- thick cream, to serve
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 100 gram butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup or honey
- 30 gram butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, cored, finely chopped
Apple golden syrup dumplings
- 1Sift flour into a large bowl. Rub in butter, using fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add apple.
- 2In a jug, whisk together milk, egg and vanilla. Pour into flour mixture and mix to a soft, sticky dough. Divide dough into 16 portions. Mould into rounds.
- 3To make syrup: Combine water, butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Arrange half the dumplings in syrup. Cook, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until cooked when tested. Repeat with remaining dumplings.
- 5Serve with caramelised apple and thick cream.
- 6To make caramelised apple: Heat butter in a medium frying pan on high. Add sugar and cinnamon. Add chopped apple and saute' for 3-4 minutes until caramelised.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021