- 350 gram fruit cake, cut into 1cm slices
- 750 gram packaged cream cheese, softened
- 300 gram sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cup (440g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (175g) honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 fresh figs (300g), halvedfresh figs (300g), halved
- 100 gram red seedless grapes
- 1 medium pomegranate (320g), seeds removed (see tip)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base of a 22cm springform tin with baking paper.
- 2Cover base of tin with cake slices. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Reduce oven to 150°C.
- 3Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sour cream, extract, brandy, nutmeg and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Pour mixture into tin.
- 4Bake cheesecake for 45 minutes or until just set. Cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 5Stir honey, the water and cinnamon stick in a medium heavy-based frying pan over high heat; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer until sticky. Remove cinnamon stick.
- 6Remove cheesecake from tin, place on a serving plate; top with figs, grapes and pomegranate seeds. Serve drizzled with syrup.
To remove the seeds from the pomegranate, cut the whole pomegranate in half crossways; hold it, cut-side down, in the palm of your hand over a bowl, then hit the outside firmly with a wooden spoon. The seeds should fall out easily; discard any white pith that falls out with them.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022