- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) milk
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon bourbon
- 1Bring milk and coffee granules to the boil in small saucepan.
- 2Beat egg yolks and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy; gradually beat in hot milk mixture. Return custard mixture to pan; stir, over low heat, without boiling, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in bourbon.
This sauce goes well with steamed Christmas pudding or fruit cake, chocolate pudding, or over ice-cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022