- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 450 grams milk chocolate, chopped finely
- 205 grams packet Oreo cookies
- 1 cup coloured sprinkles, cashous, 100's & 1000's (nonpareils)
- 1Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour cream over chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Stir until chocolate is smooth. (Or, place cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water; stir until mixture is smooth.) Stand at room temperature until mixture starts to thicken.
- 2Meanwhile, process the biscuits until finely crushed. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate mixture for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until firm.
- 3Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl. Line a tray with plastic wrap. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into egg shapes. Roll chocolate eggs into sprinkles. Transfer to prepared tray. Refrigerate until firm.
- 4Serve Freckle Eggs in paper cases, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019
- Waffles à la suzetteJun 04, 2019
- Vegetable and chickpea frittersJun 04, 2019
- Pea and ham soupJun 04, 2019
- Embrace eggplant with these 10 tasty recipesJun 03, 2019