- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 450 grams milk chocolate, chopped finely
- 205 grams packet Oreo cookies
- 1 cup coloured sprinkles, cashous, 100's & 1000's (nonpareils)
- 1Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour cream over chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Stir until chocolate is smooth. (Or, place cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water; stir until mixture is smooth.) Stand at room temperature until mixture starts to thicken.
- 2Meanwhile, process the biscuits until finely crushed. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate mixture for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until firm.
- 3Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl. Line a tray with plastic wrap. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into egg shapes. Roll chocolate eggs into sprinkles. Transfer to prepared tray. Refrigerate until firm.
- 4Serve Freckle Eggs in paper cases, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019