- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 450 grams milk chocolate, chopped finely
- 205 grams packet Oreo cookies
- 1 cup coloured sprinkles, cashous, 100's & 1000's (nonpareils)
- 1Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour cream over chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Stir until chocolate is smooth. (Or, place cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water; stir until mixture is smooth.) Stand at room temperature until mixture starts to thicken.
- 2Meanwhile, process the biscuits until finely crushed. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate mixture for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until firm.
- 3Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl. Line a tray with plastic wrap. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into egg shapes. Roll chocolate eggs into sprinkles. Transfer to prepared tray. Refrigerate until firm.
- 4Serve Freckle Eggs in paper cases, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingJun 02, 2020
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingJun 02, 2020
- Jam roll puddingJun 02, 2020
- Hungarian goulashJun 02, 2020
- Tasty tagine recipesJun 02, 2020
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 02, 2020
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020