- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 450 grams milk chocolate, chopped finely
- 205 grams packet Oreo cookies
- 1 cup coloured sprinkles, cashous, 100's & 1000's (nonpareils)
- 1Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour cream over chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Stir until chocolate is smooth. (Or, place cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water; stir until mixture is smooth.) Stand at room temperature until mixture starts to thicken.
- 2Meanwhile, process the biscuits until finely crushed. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate mixture for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until firm.
- 3Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl. Line a tray with plastic wrap. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into egg shapes. Roll chocolate eggs into sprinkles. Transfer to prepared tray. Refrigerate until firm.
- 4Serve Freckle Eggs in paper cases, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019