- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 450 grams milk chocolate, chopped finely
- 205 grams packet Oreo cookies
- 1 cup coloured sprinkles, cashous, 100's & 1000's (nonpareils)
- 1Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour cream over chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Stir until chocolate is smooth. (Or, place cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water; stir until mixture is smooth.) Stand at room temperature until mixture starts to thicken.
- 2Meanwhile, process the biscuits until finely crushed. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate mixture for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until firm.
- 3Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl. Line a tray with plastic wrap. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into egg shapes. Roll chocolate eggs into sprinkles. Transfer to prepared tray. Refrigerate until firm.
- 4Serve Freckle Eggs in paper cases, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020