- 1 barbecued chicken or 750g chicken thigh fillets, quartered
- 1/2 medium (750g) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 300 gram broccoli, cut into small florets
- 75 gram butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 3 cup (750ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- steamed rice, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- 2If using a barbecued chicken, remove the flesh from the bones, then break the breast and thighs into a few pieces. If using thigh fillets, heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring, until browned and cooked through.
- 3Microwave cauliflower in a covered dish on high (100%) for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, cover and microwave for a further 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain. Place chicken, cauliflower and broccoli in a shallow 1.5 litre (10-cup capacity) ovenproof dish.
- 4Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add curry powder and sugar and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season.
- 5Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with steamed rice, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze. Sauce suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021