- 1 packet butter cake mix
- 1 quantity store-bought Vienna cream
- green food colouring
- 2 x 150g packets chocolate finger biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 jaffa
- 1 royal icing (see tips)
- bamboo skewers (for decorating)
- wooden ice block stick (for decorating)
- 1Make cake according to directions on packet, spoon into greased deep 20cm (8in) round cake tin, bake in moderate oven 50 minutes or until cooked when tested. Turn on to wire rack to cool.
- 2Trim 1cm (½in) off top of cake to make the cake lower than the chocolate biscuit sticks so that they will stand up around it like a fence. Flip the cake over so the cut side is facing down.
- 3Combine 2 tablespoons of the Vienna Cream with 1 tablespoon sifted cocoa, mix well. Mark a rectangle in the centre of the cake 4cm x 9cm (1½in x 3½in), spread chocolate cream
evenly inside rectangle. Tint remaining Vienna Cream with green food colouring, spread evenly over remaining cake. Arrange chocolate sticks around edge, cover top with green-tinted coconut (be careful not to get coconut over chocolate cream).
- 4Cut bamboo skewers into six 5cm (2in) lengths and arrange three sticks side by side at each end of pitch to
represent stumps. Cut two pieces of bamboo skewers to fit across top of stumps.
- 5Trim wooden ice-block stick with scissors to bat shape. For handle of bat, position small wooden stick on
back of bat with Vienna Cream. Using a small round red sweet for a cricket ball; pipe small stripes with royal icing around sweet to represent the stitches. Balance bat against the stumps and place ball on pitch to serve.
Store bought royal icing is fine, or you can use our royal icing recipe to make some at home, if you prefer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate fig panforteToday 1:18am
- Coconut sago puddingsToday 12:50am
- White christmas rocky roadToday 12:28am
- Coriander, lemon and chilli hummusToday 12:20am
- Thai green chicken curryYesterday 1:04am
- Coconut jam dropsNov 17, 2019
- Raspberry gelatoNov 17, 2019
- Rosé sangriaNov 17, 2019
- Bordelaise sauceNov 17, 2019
- Corned beef with mustard sauceNov 17, 2019
- The perfect potato chipNov 17, 2019
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019