Cottage cheese lasagne
- 3 large red capsicums (1kg), quartered, seeded, membranes removed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 gram button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 large zucchini (300g), sliced lengthways
- 700 gram tomato pasta sauce
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets (300g)
- 150 gram rocket, trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/3 cup (40g) cheddar, finely grated
Cottage cheese lasagne
- 1Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
- 2Roast capsicum under grill or in oven, skin-side up, until skin blisters and blackens. Cover with plastic or paper for 5 minutes; peel away skin, cut into thick strips.
- 3Reduce oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced).
- 4In a medium bowl, combine egg and cottage cheese.
- 5In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook mushrooms, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until soft. Remove from pan.
- 6Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook zucchini, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- 7Spread a third of the pasta sauce into a shallow 2-litre (8 cup) rectangular baking dish; top with a lasagne sheet. Top with a third of each of the capsicum, mushrooms, zucchini, rocket and basil, then another lasagne sheet. Repeat layering, starting with pasta sauce and ending with lasagne sheet. Spread cottage cheese mixture evenly over pasta; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 8Bake, uncovered, for about 35 minutes, or until heated through. Stand 15 minutes before serving.
The lasagne can be made a day ahead; store, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese omeletteYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021