- 250 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) rice flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (55g) coffee crystals (sugar)
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, icing sugar and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the sifted flours and cocoa in two batches. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured bench and knead lightly for 5 minutes.
- 3Divide mixture into six equal portions. Use your hands to press each dough portion into a 12cm round. Mark each shortbread round into 6 wedges with the back of a large knife, then prick with a fork. Use your finger tips to pinch the edges of rounds; sprinkle with the coffee crystals.
- 4Bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked through. Cool on trays.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Chunky minestrone with haloumiApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Caramelised onion and cheddar pull-apartApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Spinach and paneer curryYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 16 tasty ways with risoni pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Spanish pork and chorizo soupYesterday 2:00pm