- 250 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) rice flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (55g) coffee crystals (sugar)
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, icing sugar and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the sifted flours and cocoa in two batches. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured bench and knead lightly for 5 minutes.
- 3Divide mixture into six equal portions. Use your hands to press each dough portion into a 12cm round. Mark each shortbread round into 6 wedges with the back of a large knife, then prick with a fork. Use your finger tips to pinch the edges of rounds; sprinkle with the coffee crystals.
- 4Bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked through. Cool on trays.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021