Looking for more chocolate cake recipes?
- 375 g butter, chopped
- 300 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 2 ⅓ cups (350g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups (385g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shaved chocolate, candied violets and chocolate buttons, for decoration
- 1⅓ cups (330g) thickened cream
- 400 g dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 1Grease and line the base and sides of a 26cm cake pan. Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 2Combine the butter, chocolate and water in a medium saucepan, stir over medium heat until just melted – do not boil. Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 3Sift the flour and cocoa onto a piece of baking paper.
- 4Whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture, then gradually whisk in the combined flour and cocoa.
- 5Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
- 6Stand cake in pan for 30 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack
- 7Heat cream over medium heat until just below boiling point. Remove from heat and add chocolate; stir until smooth. Stand until thick and spreadable.
- 8Spread Chocolate Ganache over top and sides of cake. Decorate with shaved chocolate, crystallised violets and chocolate pearls.
Uniced cake suitable to freeze. Chocolate Ganache suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020