- 1 kilogram minced (ground) chicken
- 1 medium_piece (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (35g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) drained semi-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 (sheets) puff pastry
- 1 egg, extra
- 1Combine chicken, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, basil, semi-dried tomato and paste in large bowl.
- 2Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Place equal amounts of chicken filling mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece, roll pastry to enclose filling.
- 3Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Line oven trays with baking paper.
- 4Cut each roll into six pieces, place rolls, seam side down, on trays. Brush with extra egg, bake about 30 minutes. Serve rolls hot, with tomato sauce (ketchup).
to freeze Complete recipe to the end of step 2. Transfer to an airtight container or large snap lock bags. Label, date and freeze for up to three months. Thaw for several hours in the refrigerator. Continue from step 3. You can replace the chicken mince with the same quantity of pork or beef mince.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sushi riceYesterday 2:00pm
- All the classic curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic butter cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pork curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried pork rissolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pancake recipesApr 12, 2021
- Carrot and lentil soup with coriander pestoApr 11, 2021
- Healthy banana breadApr 11, 2021
- Pumpkin soupApr 11, 2021
- Vegetarian chilli beansApr 11, 2021
- Rösti cottage pieApr 11, 2021
- Very vegetarian Mexican recipesApr 11, 2021
- Roast beefApr 11, 2021
- Spicy Mexican soup with chickenApr 11, 2021