- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 50 gram butter
- 50 gram plain flour
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- white pepper, freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add cauliflower, cook 4 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Butter a gratin dish large enough to fit cauliflower in tightly.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour. Stir mixture over gentle heat. Gradually add milk, bring to the boil. Add mustard and tasty cheese and half the parmesan. Stir until melted, season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.
- 4Place cauliflower in gratin dish and pour sauce to cover. Sprinkle with parmesan and dot lightly with butter. Bake on top shelf in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until light crust forms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsToday 5:00pm
- Salted honeycombToday 1:00pm
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakesToday 1:00pm
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020