- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 50 gram butter
- 50 gram plain flour
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- white pepper, freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add cauliflower, cook 4 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Butter a gratin dish large enough to fit cauliflower in tightly.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour. Stir mixture over gentle heat. Gradually add milk, bring to the boil. Add mustard and tasty cheese and half the parmesan. Stir until melted, season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.
- 4Place cauliflower in gratin dish and pour sauce to cover. Sprinkle with parmesan and dot lightly with butter. Bake on top shelf in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until light crust forms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020