- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 50 gram butter
- 50 gram plain flour
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- white pepper, freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add cauliflower, cook 4 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Butter a gratin dish large enough to fit cauliflower in tightly.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour. Stir mixture over gentle heat. Gradually add milk, bring to the boil. Add mustard and tasty cheese and half the parmesan. Stir until melted, season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.
- 4Place cauliflower in gratin dish and pour sauce to cover. Sprinkle with parmesan and dot lightly with butter. Bake on top shelf in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until light crust forms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022