- 1 cauliflower (1kg), broken into florets
- 50 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon packaged breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 2Boil, steam or microwave cauliflower until tender; drain. Place in a medium shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and stir over heat until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Continue stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses.
- 4Pour sauce over cauliflower in dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned lightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020