- 1 cauliflower (1kg), broken into florets
- 50 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon packaged breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 2Boil, steam or microwave cauliflower until tender; drain. Place in a medium shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and stir over heat until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Continue stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses.
- 4Pour sauce over cauliflower in dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned lightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019