- 1 cauliflower (1kg), broken into florets
- 50 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon packaged breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 2Boil, steam or microwave cauliflower until tender; drain. Place in a medium shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and stir over heat until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Continue stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses.
- 4Pour sauce over cauliflower in dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned lightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeToday 6:38am
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJul 13, 2019
- Classic sconesJul 12, 2019
- RatatouilleJul 11, 2019
- 12 tantalising tiramisu recipesJul 11, 2019
- Rabbit stifadoJul 11, 2019
- Rhubarb crumbleJul 10, 2019
- Leftover stroganoff baguetteJul 10, 2019
- Mulled wineJul 09, 2019
- Avocado toast with fennel sauerkrautJul 08, 2019
- Chilli con carneJul 03, 2019
- Apple pieJul 03, 2019