- 1 cauliflower (1kg), broken into florets
- 50 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon packaged breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 2Boil, steam or microwave cauliflower until tender; drain. Place in a medium shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and stir over heat until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Continue stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses.
- 4Pour sauce over cauliflower in dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned lightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020