- 1 cauliflower (1kg), broken into florets
- 50 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon packaged breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 2Boil, steam or microwave cauliflower until tender; drain. Place in a medium shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and stir over heat until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Continue stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses.
- 4Pour sauce over cauliflower in dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned lightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frostingYesterday 11:22pm
- Lamb kofta with cucumber yoghurtYesterday 11:00pm
- Creamy salmon gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 of our best gnocchi recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy hot cross bunsApr 01, 2020
- Gluten-free banana breadApr 01, 2020
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakesApr 01, 2020
- Chicken, pumpkin and apricot tagineApr 01, 2020
- Salted honeycombApr 01, 2020
- Tuna mornayApr 01, 2020
- Flourless cakesMar 31, 2020
- White sauceMar 31, 2020
- Dinner date recipes to impressMar 31, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 31, 2020
- Princess-themed birthday cakesMar 31, 2020
- 100 years of Australian dinnersMar 31, 2020