- 2 organic egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon (40ml) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cup (300ml) sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium fresh red chillies, chopped, optional
- 4 fresh bay leaves, chopped
- 6 organic chicken breast fillets
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 small radicchio lettuce
- 1 large (350g) red capsicum
- 1 large (350g) yellow capsicum
- 4 young celery sticks
- 4 medium (480mg) carrots
- 3 cup home-made mayonnaise (see below) freshly ground black pepper and murray river salt
- 80 gram baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup (80g) toasted pine nuts
- 1To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Pour marinade over chicken, in a shallow oven-proof dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, to make mayonnaise, whisk egg yolks with mustard until combined. Add oil drop by drop, whisking constantly. As it begins to thicken, increase oil flow to thin, steady stream, whisking constantly. Add some lemon juice, then continue with the oil until all the oil and lemon juice have been used. Taste and add salt.
- 4Preheat the oven to moderately hot (200°C/180°C fan-forced).
- 5Heat a large cast-iron griddle pan (or barbecue or frying pan). When hot, add the drained chicken to pan; cook until browned on both sides. Return chicken to marinade dish; roast in a moderately hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until just cooked through. Allow to cool. Cut the chicken into 2cm-thick slices.
- 6Wash and spin-dry the lettuce leaves. On a platter, arrange baby cos lettuce and top with radicchio. Cut remaining vegetables into long, thin strips. Add about 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise to the vegetables in a bowl; mix through. Scatter vegetables over the lettuce.
- 7Arrange chicken slices on top of vegetables: season with salt and pepper. Top with the rocket and toasted pine nuts.
- 8Serve with the remaining mayonnaise on the side.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021