- 90 gram (3 ounces) butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (115g) golden syrup or treacle
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) thickened cream, whipped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease oven trays.
- 2Stir butter, sugar, syrup and ginger in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in sifted flour and juice.
- 3Drop rounded teaspoons of mixture about 5cm (2-inches) apart onto trays. Using a wet, thin metal spatula, spread mixture into 8cm (3-inch) rounds. Bake snaps about 8 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
- 4Slide a thin metal spatula under each snap; quickly shape each one into a cone. Place snaps on a wire rack to cool. Fill with whipped cream just before serving. The snaps are best made on the day of serving.
It is fine just to use 1 x 300ml carton of cream for this recipe. Brandy is not an ingredient in brandy snaps today, but possibly was included many years ago. If you like, add a little icing sugar and a tablespoon of brandy to the whipped cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021