- 2 cup (180g) rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) apple juice
- 1 cup (280g) plain yoghurt
- 2 medium_piece green-skinned apples (300g)
- 1/4 cup (35g) roasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (40g) currants
- 1/4 cup (20g) toasted shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (140g) plain yoghurt, extra
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1Combine oats, juice and yoghurt in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 2Peel, core and coarsely grate 1 apple; stir into the oat mixture with nuts, currants, coconut and cinnamon.
- 3Core and thinly slice remaining apple. Serve the muesli topped with extra yoghurt and apple slices; drizzle with honey.
Bircher muesli can be made and stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The mixture will become thicker; you can add a little extra apple juice to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022