- 2 cup (180g) rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) apple juice
- 1 cup (280g) plain yoghurt
- 2 medium_piece green-skinned apples (300g)
- 1/4 cup (35g) roasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (40g) currants
- 1/4 cup (20g) toasted shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (140g) plain yoghurt, extra
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1Combine oats, juice and yoghurt in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 2Peel, core and coarsely grate 1 apple; stir into the oat mixture with nuts, currants, coconut and cinnamon.
- 3Core and thinly slice remaining apple. Serve the muesli topped with extra yoghurt and apple slices; drizzle with honey.
Bircher muesli can be made and stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The mixture will become thicker; you can add a little extra apple juice to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Iced vovosSep 16, 2021
- Salmon pattiesSep 16, 2021
- Picnic food ideasSep 16, 2021
- Sri Lankan potato and pea currySep 16, 2021
- Japanese katsu chicken currySep 16, 2021
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021