- 2 cup (180g) rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) apple juice
- 1 cup (280g) plain yoghurt
- 2 medium_piece green-skinned apples (300g)
- 1/4 cup (35g) roasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (40g) currants
- 1/4 cup (20g) toasted shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (140g) plain yoghurt, extra
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1Combine oats, juice and yoghurt in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 2Peel, core and coarsely grate 1 apple; stir into the oat mixture with nuts, currants, coconut and cinnamon.
- 3Core and thinly slice remaining apple. Serve the muesli topped with extra yoghurt and apple slices; drizzle with honey.
Bircher muesli can be made and stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The mixture will become thicker; you can add a little extra apple juice to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021