- 2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon melted butter, plus extra for brushing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- ice-cream and maple syrup, to serve
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in egg, butter and vanilla.
- 2Gradually whisk milk into mixture, until a pouring consistency is achieved.
- 3Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium. Brush pan with a little extra butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan, to make a circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Turn and cook a further 1 minute until golden. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4Serve with ice-cream and maple syrup.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021