- 2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon melted butter, plus extra for brushing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- ice-cream and maple syrup, to serve
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in egg, butter and vanilla.
- 2Gradually whisk milk into mixture, until a pouring consistency is achieved.
- 3Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium. Brush pan with a little extra butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan, to make a circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Turn and cook a further 1 minute until golden. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4Serve with ice-cream and maple syrup.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 1:26am
- Four ways with stuffingToday 12:00am
- 25 terrific tray bakesYesterday 10:52pm
- Baked beef sausages with rosemary and tomatoYesterday 10:00pm
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 9:00pm
- Traditional GozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut and pineapple sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- The ultimate lamb shanks recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Vegetarian sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieYesterday 6:13am
- 31 terrific tofu recipesYesterday 1:28am