- 2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon melted butter, plus extra for brushing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- ice-cream and maple syrup, to serve
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in egg, butter and vanilla.
- 2Gradually whisk milk into mixture, until a pouring consistency is achieved.
- 3Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium. Brush pan with a little extra butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan, to make a circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Turn and cook a further 1 minute until golden. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4Serve with ice-cream and maple syrup.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021