- 1/2 medium papaya (400g), seeded, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 fresh small red thai (serrano) chilli, chopped
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 centimetre (½-inch) piece fresh ginger (5g), grated
- 3 limes (195g)
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced
- 2 x 600g (1¼-pound) whole barramundi, cleaned, scaled
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander (cilantro)
- cooking oil spray
Barramundi with papaya salsa
- 1To make papaya salsa, combine ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2Juice limes; reserve ¼ cup (60ml) of the juice. Cut juiced lime halves in half and reserve. Whisk 2 tablespoons of the reserved juice with fish sauce, sugar and onions in a small jug. Set dressing aside.
- 3Briefly rinse the fish inside and out with cold running water. Pat dry with absorbent paper. Make two long cuts, about 1cm (½-inch) deep, into the thickest part of the flesh on each side of the fish. Drizzle fish with remaining lime juice. Place the reserved lime quarters and coriander sprigs into the cavity of the fish.
- 4Spray the inside of a fish grill with cooking oil. Place the fish in the grill; close the grill.
- 5Heat a barbecue grill plate until hot. Place fish on barbecue and cook over low heat for 8 minutes on each side, turning only once. To check if it's cooked, use a fork or knife to gently separate the flesh at the thickest part, where it has been scored. If it's white to the bone, it's done.
- 6Carefully transfer the fish to a platter; drizzle with dressing. Serve with salsa and, if you like, steamed jasmine rice.
You can make a coriander sauce by omitting the papaya in the salsa and increasing the coriander to 1 cup finely chopped leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022