- 4 medium frozen bananas (800g), broken into pieces
- 500 gram frozen strawberries
- 1 small beetroot (100g), peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cup (500ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 2 golden kiwifruits (170g), peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 1Working in two batches, place frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, beetroot, ginger and almond milk in a high-powered blender; blend until smooth.
- 2Pour mixture into a freezer proof container; cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- 3Working in two batches, scoop sorbet into blender; blend until smooth.
- 4Pour sorbet into bowls; top with fresh strawberries, kiwifruit and chia seeds. Serve immediately.
Keep chopped bananas in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer to make early morning blending faster and easier. You can replace almond milk with any milk you prefer. Top the sorbet with any of your favourite fruits. Sorbet can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019