- 1 1/2 cups (135g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (750ml) kefir milk
- 2 stems rhubarb (125g), cut into 4cm lengths
- 3 medium plums (350g), halved
- 2 medium nectarines or peaches (340g), cut into thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- edible flowers, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a 1.25-litre (5-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Combine oats, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, salt, maple syrup and vanilla in ovenproof dish; stir in milk.
- 3Bake porridge for 40 minutes or until oats are tender and creamy.
- 4Meanwhile, place rhubarb and stone fruit in a small baking dish; sprinkle with coconut sugar, then pour over ⅓ cup (80ml) water. Bake on a separate oven shelf to porridge for the last 20 minutes of porridge cooking time.
- 5Serve porridge topped with baked fruit, any fruit cooking syrup and edible flowers, if using.
Serve with coconut kefir yoghurt or Greek-style yoghurt.
Use soy, almond or coconut milk instead of kefir milk. In winter, try pears and rhubarb instead of stone fruit.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019