- 1 1/2 cups (135g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (750ml) kefir milk
- 2 stems rhubarb (125g), cut into 4cm lengths
- 3 medium plums (350g), halved
- 2 medium nectarines or peaches (340g), cut into thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- edible flowers, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a 1.25-litre (5-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Combine oats, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, salt, maple syrup and vanilla in ovenproof dish; stir in milk.
- 3Bake porridge for 40 minutes or until oats are tender and creamy.
- 4Meanwhile, place rhubarb and stone fruit in a small baking dish; sprinkle with coconut sugar, then pour over ⅓ cup (80ml) water. Bake on a separate oven shelf to porridge for the last 20 minutes of porridge cooking time.
- 5Serve porridge topped with baked fruit, any fruit cooking syrup and edible flowers, if using.
Serve with coconut kefir yoghurt or Greek-style yoghurt.
Use soy, almond or coconut milk instead of kefir milk. In winter, try pears and rhubarb instead of stone fruit.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019