- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 2 medium cauliflowers (3kg), trimmed
- 1/4 cup (35g) coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup (40g) coarsely chopped brazil nuts
- 2 cups (80g) firmly packed trimmed watercress
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh dill
Crème fraîche dressing
- 150 grams (4½oz) soft goat's cheese
- 125 grams (4oz) crème fraîche
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Combine oil, rind and thyme in a small jug; season. Rub cauliflowers with 2 tablespoons of the oil mixture. Add nuts to remaining oil mixture; stir to coat.
- 3Place cauliflowers on one tray and nuts on remaining tray; season. Roast nuts for 4 minutes or until golden and cauliflowers for 50 minutes or until just tender and browned lightly.
- 4Meanwhile, to make crème fraîche dressing, blend or process all ingredients until smooth; season to taste. Thin with a little extra milk if needed.
- 5Combine watercress and dill; serve with cauliflowers. Sprinkle with roasted nuts and drizzle with crème fraîche dressing.
Recipe can be prepared 2 hours ahead, to the end of step 3. Keep covered in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019