- 180 g white chocolate, chopped finely
- 250 g sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 kg cream cheese, softened, chopped
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
- fresh berries and white chocolate curls, to decorate
Chocolate biscuit base
- 80 g dark or milk chocolate, chopped finely
- 40 g butter, chopped
- 250 g chocolate ripple biscuits
- 1Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl, spoon over sour cream. Microwave on high power (100%) for 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Whisk until smooth; add vanilla bean paste. Cool to room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Grease a 25cm springform pan; invert base. Line the side of the pan with baking paper.
Chocolate biscuit base
- 3Combine chocolate and butter in a medium bowl; microwave on medium (50%) power for 60 seconds. Stir until smooth. In a food processor, process the biscuits until fine crumbs. Add to dark chocolate mixture in bowl, stir to combine. Press the biscuit mixture over base firmly.
- 4Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating until just combined between additions. Beat in white chocolate mixture.
- 5Beat the egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the extra sugar, beating until dissolved. With a large balloon whisk, fold the egg white mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- 6Bake for 40 minutes or until top is set but the middle still has a wobble. Turn off the oven and cool with the door open. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 7To serve, decorate the cheesecake with berries and chocolate curls.
Cheesecake suitable to freeze. Chocolate suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019