- 180 g white chocolate, chopped finely
- 250 g sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 kg cream cheese, softened, chopped
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
- fresh berries and white chocolate curls, to decorate
Chocolate biscuit base
- 80 g dark or milk chocolate, chopped finely
- 40 g butter, chopped
- 250 g chocolate ripple biscuits
- 1Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl, spoon over sour cream. Microwave on high power (100%) for 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Whisk until smooth; add vanilla bean paste. Cool to room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Grease a 25cm springform pan; invert base. Line the side of the pan with baking paper.
Chocolate biscuit base
- 3Combine chocolate and butter in a medium bowl; microwave on medium (50%) power for 60 seconds. Stir until smooth. In a food processor, process the biscuits until fine crumbs. Add to dark chocolate mixture in bowl, stir to combine. Press the biscuit mixture over base firmly.
- 4Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating until just combined between additions. Beat in white chocolate mixture.
- 5Beat the egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the extra sugar, beating until dissolved. With a large balloon whisk, fold the egg white mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- 6Bake for 40 minutes or until top is set but the middle still has a wobble. Turn off the oven and cool with the door open. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 7To serve, decorate the cheesecake with berries and chocolate curls.
Cheesecake suitable to freeze. Chocolate suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What's in season in MarchYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli and Tom Yum prawn fried riceYesterday 5:12am
- Monte carlo biscuitsYesterday 3:00am
- Linguine with garlic prawns & chorizoYesterday 2:00am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 1:02am
- Chewy chocolate sliceFeb 26, 2020
- Chelsea bunsFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon pattiesFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon niçoise tray bakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla custard pieFeb 26, 2020
- Molten chocolate lava cakesFeb 26, 2020
- Mediterranean fish pieFeb 26, 2020
- Melt-and-mix strawberry yoghurt cakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla panna cotta with berry compoteFeb 26, 2020
- White wine mussels with pearl couscousFeb 26, 2020