Thai chicken curry pies
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 centimetre stick fresh lemon grass, chopped finely
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger, grated
- 600 gram chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 165 millilitre can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf, shredded finely
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 sheets puff pastry
Thai chicken curry pies
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan; cook onion, garlic, lemon grass and ginger, stirring, until onion softens.
- 2Add chicken; cook, stirring, until browned. Add spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add coconut milk; bring to the boil.
- 3Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add blended cornflour and stock; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens; cool. Stir in sauce, lime leaf, chilli and coriander.
- 4Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease six-hole (¾-cup/180ml) texas muffin pan.
- 5Cut six 12cm rounds from shortcrust pastry; press into pan holes. Brush edges with a little of the egg. Spoon chicken mixture into pastry cases.
- 6Cut six 9cm rounds from puff pastry; top chicken mixture with puff pastry rounds. Press edges firmly to seal. Brush tops with remaining egg. Cut a small slit in top of each pie.
- 7Bake pies about 25 minutes. Stand in pan 5 minutes before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm