Teddy bear biscuits
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, grated finely
- 1 1/4 cup (175g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 24 mini m&m's
- 12 dark chocolate melts
Teddy bear biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease three oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until just changed to a paler colour; do not overbeat. Stir in chocolate, sifted flour and cocoa. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 3Roll 24 level teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Roll remaining mixture into 12 larger balls for teddy faces. On each tray, flatten four large balls with the palm of your hand to form an 8cm (3¼-inch) diameter circle. Position two small balls on top of each circle for ears. Flatten ears with the palm of your hand. Slide one paddle-pop stick two-thirds of the way into the dough of each face.
- 4Position M&M's into dough for eyes and a Melt for noses.
- 5Bake biscuits about 12 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool on trays.
You need 12 wooden paddle-pop sticks for this recipe. Store biscuits in an airtight container. Mini M&M's are tiny candy coated chocolates, available at supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm