Teddy bear biscuits
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, grated finely
- 1 1/4 cup (175g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 24 mini m&m's
- 12 dark chocolate melts
Teddy bear biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease three oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until just changed to a paler colour; do not overbeat. Stir in chocolate, sifted flour and cocoa. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 3Roll 24 level teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Roll remaining mixture into 12 larger balls for teddy faces. On each tray, flatten four large balls with the palm of your hand to form an 8cm (3¼-inch) diameter circle. Position two small balls on top of each circle for ears. Flatten ears with the palm of your hand. Slide one paddle-pop stick two-thirds of the way into the dough of each face.
- 4Position M&M's into dough for eyes and a Melt for noses.
- 5Bake biscuits about 12 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool on trays.
You need 12 wooden paddle-pop sticks for this recipe. Store biscuits in an airtight container. Mini M&M's are tiny candy coated chocolates, available at supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021