Teddy bear biscuits
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, grated finely
- 1 1/4 cup (175g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 24 mini m&m's
- 12 dark chocolate melts
Teddy bear biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease three oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until just changed to a paler colour; do not overbeat. Stir in chocolate, sifted flour and cocoa. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 3Roll 24 level teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Roll remaining mixture into 12 larger balls for teddy faces. On each tray, flatten four large balls with the palm of your hand to form an 8cm (3¼-inch) diameter circle. Position two small balls on top of each circle for ears. Flatten ears with the palm of your hand. Slide one paddle-pop stick two-thirds of the way into the dough of each face.
- 4Position M&M's into dough for eyes and a Melt for noses.
- 5Bake biscuits about 12 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool on trays.
You need 12 wooden paddle-pop sticks for this recipe. Store biscuits in an airtight container. Mini M&M's are tiny candy coated chocolates, available at supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022