- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 250 gram minced (ground) pork
- 250 gram minced (ground) veal
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (100g) white long-grain rice, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 red capsicums (bell peppers) (800g)
- 1/4 cup (15g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan, add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until onion softens. Add pork and veal and half the thyme; cook, stirring, until browned.
- 3Add sauce, stock, rice and parsley; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender, stirring occasionally, season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, oil small baking dish. Cut tops from capsicums, reserve as lids. Scoop out seeds and membranes. Fill capsicums with mince mixture; stand upright in baking dish.
- 5Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, rind and remaining thyme in small bowl. Sprinkle over filling; place capsicum tops in baking dish. Bake capsicums, uncovered, about 1 hour or until rice is soft. Top with lids to serve.
Some butchers sell a pork and veal mixture, this is fine to use here, buy 500g (1 pound).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020