- 480 gram rainbow baby (dutch) carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon kalonji seeds or black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 x 4 french-trimmed cutlet lamb racks (600g)
- 50 gram red sorrel or rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Toss carrots with 2 tablespoons of the oil on an oven tray; place carrots in a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes or until browned lightly and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine chilli, seeds, garlic and remaining oil in a small bowl. Place lamb on another oven tray; rub all over with spice mixture.
- 4Roast lamb, uncovered, alongside carrots for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked as desired.
- 5Serve lamb with carrots and sorrel leaves, topped with parsley.
Rainbow baby carrots are also called heirloom dutch carrots; they are available from major supermarkets and greengrocers. Kalonji, also known as nigella, are tiny, angular seeds, black on the outside and creamy within, with a sharp nutty flavour that can be enhanced by a brief toasting in a dry hot pan before use. They are available in most Asian and Middle-Eastern food shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019