- 480 gram rainbow baby (dutch) carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon kalonji seeds or black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 x 4 french-trimmed cutlet lamb racks (600g)
- 50 gram red sorrel or rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Toss carrots with 2 tablespoons of the oil on an oven tray; place carrots in a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes or until browned lightly and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine chilli, seeds, garlic and remaining oil in a small bowl. Place lamb on another oven tray; rub all over with spice mixture.
- 4Roast lamb, uncovered, alongside carrots for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked as desired.
- 5Serve lamb with carrots and sorrel leaves, topped with parsley.
Rainbow baby carrots are also called heirloom dutch carrots; they are available from major supermarkets and greengrocers. Kalonji, also known as nigella, are tiny, angular seeds, black on the outside and creamy within, with a sharp nutty flavour that can be enhanced by a brief toasting in a dry hot pan before use. They are available in most Asian and Middle-Eastern food shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesToday 1:55am
- Easy Spanish paella recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy pastry twistsYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato Salad RecipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Brilliant broccoli recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheYesterday 1:59am
- Classic sconesYesterday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020