- 480 gram rainbow baby (dutch) carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon kalonji seeds or black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 x 4 french-trimmed cutlet lamb racks (600g)
- 50 gram red sorrel or rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Toss carrots with 2 tablespoons of the oil on an oven tray; place carrots in a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes or until browned lightly and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine chilli, seeds, garlic and remaining oil in a small bowl. Place lamb on another oven tray; rub all over with spice mixture.
- 4Roast lamb, uncovered, alongside carrots for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked as desired.
- 5Serve lamb with carrots and sorrel leaves, topped with parsley.
Rainbow baby carrots are also called heirloom dutch carrots; they are available from major supermarkets and greengrocers. Kalonji, also known as nigella, are tiny, angular seeds, black on the outside and creamy within, with a sharp nutty flavour that can be enhanced by a brief toasting in a dry hot pan before use. They are available in most Asian and Middle-Eastern food shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic sconesYesterday 12:35am
- Rocky roadOct 22, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Chinese omelettesOct 22, 2020
- Sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Traditional shortbreadOct 22, 2020
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceOct 22, 2020
- Sticky glazed slow-roast pork neckOct 22, 2020
- Roast vegetable terrineOct 22, 2020
- Morning and afternoon tea recipesOct 22, 2020
- Fruit mince piesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin and couscous saladOct 22, 2020
- Lemon and sugar pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladOct 22, 2020
- Curried pasta saladOct 22, 2020