- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 100 gram asparagus, sliced diagonally into 1cm thick pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cream
- 100 gram smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 4 green onions, white part only, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup (100g) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced.
- 2Grease a 23cm loose-based flan tin or pie dish and line with pastry, trimming to fit the tin. Place the tin on an oven tray; prick the pastry lightly with a fork. Cover pastry with baking paper, fill with baking weights or dried beans or rice. Bake for 15 minutes; remove weights and paper, bake for a further 10 minutes or until pastry is browned lightly.
- 3Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender; drain. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in the cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Sprinkle the smoked salmon, asparagus, onion, dill and mozzarella over the pastry case. Carefully pour over the egg mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Serve with salad, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.