- 3 kilogram hand of pickled pork
- 2 tablespoon brown malt vinegar
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) water, approximately
- 1.5 kilogram piece boneless rolled shoulder of pickled pork
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 8 black peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 brown onion (150g), chopped coarsely
- 1 celery stalk (150g), trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 2 light brown sugar
- 2 malt vinegar
- 3 (12 cups) water, approximately
- 1Place pork, vinegar, bay leaves, peppercorns, and sugar in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; add enough of the water to barely cover pork. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
- 2Carefully remove pork from cooking liquid; cover, stand 10 minutes before slicing. Discard cooking liquid.
- 3Combine pork, bay leaves, peppercorns, cloves, onion, celery, sugar, vinegar and enough of the water to barely cover pork in 8-litre (32-cup) pressure cooker; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 30 minutes.
- 4Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Cool pork, covered loosely in cooking liquid.
- 5Serve warm or cold.
Cover and refrigerate overnight to make wonderful sandwiches, don't forget the mustard or a favourite pickle, chutney or relish. If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. Pickled pork is a little old-fashioned, it might be necessary to order it from the butcher. The shoulder cut used here is also called a "hand" of pickled pork.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaAug 08, 2022
- Gluten free basic biscuitsAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022
- Veal braciole with rice and peasAug 08, 2022
- Beef mince and rice burritosAug 08, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022