While we associate tender lamb shanks with comforting recipes to make in our slow cooker, we have to take a moment to champion this gorgeous pickled pork. Flavourful and tender, this easy pork roast is delicious served hot with mashed potatoes, wilted cabbage and mustard or served cold, shredded with a potato salad or coleslaw.
- 3 kilogram hand of pickled pork
- 2 tablespoon brown malt vinegar
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) water, approximately
- 1Place pork, vinegar, bay leaves, peppercorns, and sugar in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; add enough of the water to barely cover pork. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
- 2Carefully remove pork from cooking liquid; cover, stand 10 minutes before slicing. Discard cooking liquid.
The "hand" of pickled pork is a portion of leg and breast. You might need to order this from the butcher in advance.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesToday 1:00pm
- Sensational summer dessertsToday 1:00pm
- Pumpkin pieToday 1:00pm
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020