- 500 gram minced (ground) beef
- 500 gram sausage mince
- 1 medium_piece brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 4 (sheets) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Oil and line oven trays with baking (parchment) paper.
- 2Combine minces, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, paste and sauce in large bowl; season.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Spoon or pipe mince mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll into two pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush with extra egg; cut slits into tops of rolls. Bake about 30 minutes.
Use a large piping (pastry) bag without a tube, to pipe the mixture onto the pastry: it's easier than spooning. For small party sausage rolls, cut each roll into six pieces and bake about 25 minutes. If you can't find sausage mince, buy the same weight in sausages and simply squeeze the mince from the sausage skins.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020