- 500 gram minced (ground) beef
- 500 gram sausage mince
- 1 medium_piece brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 4 (sheets) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Oil and line oven trays with baking (parchment) paper.
- 2Combine minces, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, paste and sauce in large bowl; season.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Spoon or pipe mince mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll into two pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush with extra egg; cut slits into tops of rolls. Bake about 30 minutes.
Use a large piping (pastry) bag without a tube, to pipe the mixture onto the pastry: it's easier than spooning. For small party sausage rolls, cut each roll into six pieces and bake about 25 minutes. If you can't find sausage mince, buy the same weight in sausages and simply squeeze the mince from the sausage skins.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Green minestrone with pestoYesterday 1:00pm
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Paper cup popsiclesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled cajun fish burgers with hot coriander sauceYesterday 12:46am
- Pimm's punchJan 22, 2020
- Vegetable and ginger soba noodle saladJan 21, 2020
- Chilli con carneJan 21, 2020
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020