- 500 gram minced beef
- 500 gram sausage mince
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 4 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Oil and line oven trays with baking (parchment) paper.
- 2Combine minces, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, paste and sauce in large bowl; season.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Spoon or pipe mince mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll into two pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush with extra egg; cut slits into tops of rolls. Bake about 30 minutes.
Use a large piping (pastry) bag without a tube, to pipe the mixture onto the pastry: it's easier than spooning. For small party sausage rolls, cut each roll into six pieces and bake about 25 minutes. If you can't find sausage mince, buy the same weight in sausages and simply squeeze the mince from the sausage skins.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best hummus recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- How to start a food blogYesterday 1:00pm
- Peaches and cream pieYesterday 1:00pm
- Our classic pavlova recipeYesterday 1:00pm
- Roti canai flatbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021
- Baked bean and ricotta-stuffed mushroomOct 19, 2021
- Easy combination fried riceOct 19, 2021
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingOct 19, 2021
- 24 perfect pineapple recipesOct 19, 2021
- Honey mustard chicken stripOct 18, 2021
- Mediterranean roast vegetablesOct 18, 2021
- How to make basic sconesOct 18, 2021