- 500 gram minced (ground) beef
- 500 gram sausage mince
- 1 medium_piece brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 4 (sheets) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Oil and line oven trays with baking (parchment) paper.
- 2Combine minces, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, paste and sauce in large bowl; season.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Spoon or pipe mince mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll into two pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush with extra egg; cut slits into tops of rolls. Bake about 30 minutes.
Use a large piping (pastry) bag without a tube, to pipe the mixture onto the pastry: it's easier than spooning. For small party sausage rolls, cut each roll into six pieces and bake about 25 minutes. If you can't find sausage mince, buy the same weight in sausages and simply squeeze the mince from the sausage skins.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 1:26am
- Four ways with stuffingToday 12:00am
- 25 terrific tray bakesYesterday 10:52pm
- Baked beef sausages with rosemary and tomatoYesterday 10:00pm
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 9:00pm
- Traditional GozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut and pineapple sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- The ultimate lamb shanks recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Vegetarian sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieYesterday 6:13am
- 31 terrific tofu recipesYesterday 1:28am