- 500 gram minced (ground) beef
- 500 gram sausage mince
- 1 medium_piece brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 4 (sheets) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Oil and line oven trays with baking (parchment) paper.
- 2Combine minces, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, paste and sauce in large bowl; season.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Spoon or pipe mince mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll into two pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush with extra egg; cut slits into tops of rolls. Bake about 30 minutes.
Use a large piping (pastry) bag without a tube, to pipe the mixture onto the pastry: it's easier than spooning. For small party sausage rolls, cut each roll into six pieces and bake about 25 minutes. If you can't find sausage mince, buy the same weight in sausages and simply squeeze the mince from the sausage skins.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Orange, semolina and rhubarb cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm