- 500 gram minced (ground) beef
- 500 gram sausage mince
- 1 medium_piece brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 4 (sheets) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Oil and line oven trays with baking (parchment) paper.
- 2Combine minces, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, paste and sauce in large bowl; season.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Spoon or pipe mince mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll into two pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush with extra egg; cut slits into tops of rolls. Bake about 30 minutes.
Use a large piping (pastry) bag without a tube, to pipe the mixture onto the pastry: it's easier than spooning. For small party sausage rolls, cut each roll into six pieces and bake about 25 minutes. If you can't find sausage mince, buy the same weight in sausages and simply squeeze the mince from the sausage skins.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 10:02pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019