- 30 grams butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1.4 kilograms chicken
- 500 grams baby beetroot, trimmed
- 250 grams baby carrots, trimmed
- 250 grams yellow baby carrots, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 100 grams greek fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pistachio dukkah
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced).
- 2Combine butter and sumac in a small bowl. Rub sumac butter all over the outside of the chicken; season. Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen string; place in a large roasting pan. Wrap beetroot individually in foil; add to pan with chicken. Roast for 30 minutes.
- 3Baste chicken with pan juices. Toss carrots in oil; season and add to pan. Roast for a further 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden brown. Cover chicken loosely with foil; stand for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, peel beetroot and cut in half. Return beetroot to pan.
- 5Serve roast chicken and vegetables with mint, fetta and dukkah.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Iced vovosSep 16, 2021
- Salmon pattiesSep 16, 2021
- Picnic food ideasSep 16, 2021
- Sri Lankan potato and pea currySep 16, 2021
- Japanese katsu chicken currySep 16, 2021
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021