- 30 grams butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1.4 kilograms chicken
- 500 grams baby beetroot, trimmed
- 250 grams baby carrots, trimmed
- 250 grams yellow baby carrots, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 100 grams greek fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pistachio dukkah
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced).
- 2Combine butter and sumac in a small bowl. Rub sumac butter all over the outside of the chicken; season. Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen string; place in a large roasting pan. Wrap beetroot individually in foil; add to pan with chicken. Roast for 30 minutes.
- 3Baste chicken with pan juices. Toss carrots in oil; season and add to pan. Roast for a further 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden brown. Cover chicken loosely with foil; stand for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, peel beetroot and cut in half. Return beetroot to pan.
- 5Serve roast chicken and vegetables with mint, fetta and dukkah.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken curry recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Peanut butter cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey joysYesterday 1:00pm
- French toastYesterday 1:00pm
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingYesterday 6:11am
- Windsor shortbreadYesterday 5:10am
- Coconut riceYesterday 4:54am
- Best burger recipesYesterday 4:33am
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsYesterday 3:55am
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakYesterday 3:38am
- Spiced apple filo coilYesterday 3:11am
- Lemon curd cakeYesterday 3:01am
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019