- 30 grams butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1.4 kilograms chicken
- 500 grams baby beetroot, trimmed
- 250 grams baby carrots, trimmed
- 250 grams yellow baby carrots, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 100 grams greek fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pistachio dukkah
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced).
- 2Combine butter and sumac in a small bowl. Rub sumac butter all over the outside of the chicken; season. Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen string; place in a large roasting pan. Wrap beetroot individually in foil; add to pan with chicken. Roast for 30 minutes.
- 3Baste chicken with pan juices. Toss carrots in oil; season and add to pan. Roast for a further 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden brown. Cover chicken loosely with foil; stand for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, peel beetroot and cut in half. Return beetroot to pan.
- 5Serve roast chicken and vegetables with mint, fetta and dukkah.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020