- 30 grams butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1.4 kilograms chicken
- 500 grams baby beetroot, trimmed
- 250 grams baby carrots, trimmed
- 250 grams yellow baby carrots, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 100 grams greek fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pistachio dukkah
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced).
- 2Combine butter and sumac in a small bowl. Rub sumac butter all over the outside of the chicken; season. Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen string; place in a large roasting pan. Wrap beetroot individually in foil; add to pan with chicken. Roast for 30 minutes.
- 3Baste chicken with pan juices. Toss carrots in oil; season and add to pan. Roast for a further 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden brown. Cover chicken loosely with foil; stand for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, peel beetroot and cut in half. Return beetroot to pan.
- 5Serve roast chicken and vegetables with mint, fetta and dukkah.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019