- 1.3 kilogram (2¾ pounds) butternut pumpkin, peeled,chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) unsalted pistachios
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans),rinsed, drained
- 1 red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 100 gram (3 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
Preserved lemon vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Combine pumpkin and oil in a large baking dish; season. Roast about 15 minutes or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, place nuts on a baking tray; roast, in oven, about 3 minutes or until golden. Remove from tray immediately
- 4Make preserved lemon vinaigrette. Combine ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 5Place pumpkin in a large bowl with chickpeas, onion, spinach leaves and vinaigrette; toss gently to combine. Serve salad sprinkled with nuts, chives and cheese.
To use preserved lemon rind, remove and discard the pulp, squeeze juice from rind, rinse rind well and chop finely.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021