- 1.3 kilogram (2¾ pounds) butternut pumpkin, peeled,chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) unsalted pistachios
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans),rinsed, drained
- 1 red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 100 gram (3 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
Preserved lemon vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Combine pumpkin and oil in a large baking dish; season. Roast about 15 minutes or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, place nuts on a baking tray; roast, in oven, about 3 minutes or until golden. Remove from tray immediately
- 4Make preserved lemon vinaigrette. Combine ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 5Place pumpkin in a large bowl with chickpeas, onion, spinach leaves and vinaigrette; toss gently to combine. Serve salad sprinkled with nuts, chives and cheese.
To use preserved lemon rind, remove and discard the pulp, squeeze juice from rind, rinse rind well and chop finely.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021