- 1.3 kilogram (2¾ pounds) butternut pumpkin, peeled,chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) unsalted pistachios
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans),rinsed, drained
- 1 red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 100 gram (3 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
Preserved lemon vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Combine pumpkin and oil in a large baking dish; season. Roast about 15 minutes or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, place nuts on a baking tray; roast, in oven, about 3 minutes or until golden. Remove from tray immediately
- 4Make preserved lemon vinaigrette. Combine ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 5Place pumpkin in a large bowl with chickpeas, onion, spinach leaves and vinaigrette; toss gently to combine. Serve salad sprinkled with nuts, chives and cheese.
To use preserved lemon rind, remove and discard the pulp, squeeze juice from rind, rinse rind well and chop finely.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019