- 1.3 kilogram (2¾ pounds) butternut pumpkin, peeled,chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) unsalted pistachios
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans),rinsed, drained
- 1 red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 100 gram (3 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
Preserved lemon vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Combine pumpkin and oil in a large baking dish; season. Roast about 15 minutes or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, place nuts on a baking tray; roast, in oven, about 3 minutes or until golden. Remove from tray immediately
- 4Make preserved lemon vinaigrette. Combine ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 5Place pumpkin in a large bowl with chickpeas, onion, spinach leaves and vinaigrette; toss gently to combine. Serve salad sprinkled with nuts, chives and cheese.
To use preserved lemon rind, remove and discard the pulp, squeeze juice from rind, rinse rind well and chop finely.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Balsamic honey pulled-pork bunsYesterday 10:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 2:00pm
- ColeslawYesterday 2:00pm
- Chinese honey chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Singapore noodlesYesterday 2:00pm
- Crisp fried chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic white breadMay 25, 2020
- Tuna mornayMay 25, 2020
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesMay 25, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020