- 1.3 kilogram (2¾ pounds) butternut pumpkin, peeled,chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) unsalted pistachios
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans),rinsed, drained
- 1 red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 100 gram (3 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
Preserved lemon vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Combine pumpkin and oil in a large baking dish; season. Roast about 15 minutes or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, place nuts on a baking tray; roast, in oven, about 3 minutes or until golden. Remove from tray immediately
- 4Make preserved lemon vinaigrette. Combine ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 5Place pumpkin in a large bowl with chickpeas, onion, spinach leaves and vinaigrette; toss gently to combine. Serve salad sprinkled with nuts, chives and cheese.
To use preserved lemon rind, remove and discard the pulp, squeeze juice from rind, rinse rind well and chop finely.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019