Looking for more morning and afternoon tea treats?
- 2 1/2 cup (355g) gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup (40g) rice bran
- 2/3 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) gluten-free soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 gram dairy-free spread, melted
- 2 eggs
- 150 gram frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon coffee crystals (see note, below)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease 12-hole (⅓-cup/80ml) muffin pan.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder and soda into large bowl. Stir in bran, brown sugar and combined milk, extract, spread and eggs until almost combined. Stir in raspberries.
- 3Divide mixture among pan holes; sprinkle with coffee crystals.
- 4Bake muffins about 20 minutes. Turn muffins, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
Demerara or raw sugar can be used instead of coffee crystals. All of these sugars add a crunchy texture to the muffins. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021