- 185 grams butter, chopped coarsely
- 400 grams white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1¼ cups (275g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1½ cups (225g) plain flour
- ¾ cup (105g) self-raising flour
- ¾ cup (115g) unsalted macadamias, lightly roasted, chopped coarsely
- 150 grams frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1Combine butter and half the chocolate in a large saucepan; stir over very low heat until almost smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a 20cm x 30cm rectangular pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over long sides.
- 3Stir sugar and egg into butter mixture, then sifted flours, macadamias and remaining chocolate. Gently fold in raspberries. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake blondie for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs. Cool in pan.
- 4Just before serving, dust blondie with sifted icing sugar and cut into squares.
You can use either milk or dark chocolate. To toast macadamias, toss whole in a dry frying pan for 3-5 minutes, or spread on an oven tray and bake in moderate oven, 180°C, for 5-10 minutes until golden. Cool and chop.Blondies are suitable to freeze. Butter mixture suitable
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Broccoli riceJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021
- Our best banana breadJan 26, 2021
- Lamb rack with sourdough, lemon and herb crustJan 26, 2021
- Lamb chops with slow-roast tomatoesJan 26, 2021