- 4 rashers bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- 300 gram turkey mince
- 300 gram chicken mince
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line 1 medium loaf pan or 4 mini pans with bacon, covering the base and sides.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onion, garlic and sage for 3-4 minutes until softened and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the minces and mix in the quinoa, sautéed onion, egg and season well. Blend together and divide between the 4 loaf pans, if using, pressing in firmly.
- 4Place the pan or pans in a large roasting dish. Fill the dish with hot water so it comes about halfway up the sides of the pan. Cover the whole dish with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- 5Remove foil and cook for 10-15 minutes more until the tops are golden and the juices run clear when pierced with a skewer. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then invert onto serving plates. Serve with your favourite chutney and a salad.
It’s meatloaf, but not as you know it! This is lighter in texture due to the quinoa and is a nice way to introduce a different meat, such as turkey, to your diet. The kids will love the mini loaves, and leftovers make great lunches. Next time you’re cooking quinoa, make an extra cup and try this unique and tasty dinner dish.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021