Quick chicken satay
- 1 large brown onion (200g)
- 650 gram (1¼ pounds) chicken thigh fillets
- 6 centimetre (2½-inch) piece fresh ginger (30g)
- 2 fresh long red chillies
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup (65g) grated palm sugar
- 1/3 cup (95g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 2/3 cup (160ml) coconut cream
- 500 gram (1pound) fresh thick rice noodles
- 1/2 cup (40g) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
Quick chicken satay
- 1Peel and quarter onion. Slice chicken thinly. Peel ginger. Slice ginger and chillies finely.
- 2Heat oil in wok; stir-fry onion until soft. Add chicken, ginger and chilli; stir-fry until chicken is browned and almost cooked.
- 3Add sugar to pan; cook, stirring, about 30 seconds or until lightly caramelised. Add peanut butter, sauce and coconut cream; cook, stirring, about 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly. Add the noodles; stir-fry until hot. Add a little water if mixture is too thick.
- 4Divide noodle mixture between serving bowls; serve topped with sprouts and coriander.
This dish is quite spicy - you may want to use only one chilli, depending on your heat tolerance. Seeding the chilli also lessens the heat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021