- 2 teaspoon (7g) dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) warm milk
- 4 1/4 cup (635g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) plain yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1Combine yeast, sugar and milk in small bowl, whisk until yeast is dissolved. Cover bowl, stand in warm place about 10 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- 2Sift flour and salt into large bowl. Stir in yeast mixture and combined yogurt, egg, water and oil. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in greased bowl, cover, stand in warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 3Turn dough onto floured surface, knead until smooth. Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Knead each portion into a ball, place onto lightly floured oven tray, cover, stand in warm place about 30 minutes or until risen.
- 4Preheat oven to highest temperature. Roll each ball into a 25cm round. Heat an oven tray in a very hot oven, place 1 round at a time onto tray, bake in a very hot oven, on top shelf, for about 5 minutes or until bread is lightly browned and rounds begin to expand. Wrap cooked pita bread in a cloth to keep warm before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020