This healthy breakfast option is sweetened with apples, maple syrup and muddled strawberries. Prepare double the oats Sunday night and you can enjoy it all week.
Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas?
- 5 medium green-skinned apples (750g)
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 250 g (8oz) strawberries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1Using a juicer, juice 3 apples; you will need 1 cup of juice.
- 2Place oats, milk and apple juice in a large bowl; stir to combine. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 3Coarsely grate 1 apple. Cut remaining apple into matchsticks. Fold grated apple into oat mixture.
- 4Thinly slice 4 strawberries; reserve to serve. Slice remaining strawberries; place in a medium bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mash strawberries until crushed coarsely. Stir in maple syrup.
- 5Layer the muddled strawberries and oat mixture in a shallow serving dish or four 1½ cup (375ml) glasses, finishing with some of the muddled strawberries. Serve topped with the apple matchsticks and reserved sliced strawberries.
Instead of making your own apple juice use a store-bought cloudy apple juice, if you prefer. Make double the oat mixture to eat during the week; store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Layer with different fruit each day.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021