This healthy breakfast option is sweetened with apples, maple syrup and muddled strawberries and can help make mornings easier by doing most of the prep the night before. Make double the oats Sunday night and you can enjoy it all week.
Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas?
- 5 medium green-skinned apples (750g)
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 250 g (8oz) strawberries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1Using a juicer, juice 3 apples; you will need 1 cup of juice.
- 2Place oats, milk and apple juice in a large bowl; stir to combine. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 3Coarsely grate 1 apple. Cut remaining apple into matchsticks. Fold grated apple into oat mixture.
- 4Thinly slice 4 strawberries; reserve to serve. Slice remaining strawberries; place in a medium bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mash strawberries until crushed coarsely. Stir in maple syrup.
- 5Layer the muddled strawberries and oat mixture in a shallow serving dish or four 1½ cup (375ml) glasses, finishing with some of the muddled strawberries. Serve topped with the apple matchsticks and reserved sliced strawberries.
Instead of making your own apple juice use a store-bought cloudy apple juice, if you prefer. Make double the oat mixture to eat during the week; store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Layer with different fruit each day.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm