- 1 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 4 eggs
- 250 grams small green prawns, peeled
- 250 gram chicken thigh fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- fried shallots, to garnish
- 1Place rice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil, cover and then simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is just tender. Alternately cook in a rice cooker according to manufacturer's directions. Spread mixture onto a flat oven tray and stand until cool.
- 2Heat a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add a little of the oil and swirl around wok. Add eggs one at a time and cook on both sides until golden brown and yolk is still runny. Remove and set aside.
- 3Add a little more oil and stir-fry prawns and chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and set aside. Add remaining oil and stir-fry shrimp paste, garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until paste is fragrant.
- 4Add rice, pepper and combined sauces; stir-fry until well combined. Stir in half of the onions and cooked prawns and chicken.
- 5Serve topped with combined carrot, cucumber and remaining onions. Garnish with egg and fried shallots.
Look for shrimp paste in Asian groceries. Find sambal oelek and fried shallots in the Asian section of most supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019