- 1 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 4 eggs
- 250 grams small green prawns, peeled
- 250 gram chicken thigh fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- fried shallots, to garnish
- 1Place rice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil, cover and then simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is just tender. Alternately cook in a rice cooker according to manufacturer's directions. Spread mixture onto a flat oven tray and stand until cool.
- 2Heat a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add a little of the oil and swirl around wok. Add eggs one at a time and cook on both sides until golden brown and yolk is still runny. Remove and set aside.
- 3Add a little more oil and stir-fry prawns and chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and set aside. Add remaining oil and stir-fry shrimp paste, garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until paste is fragrant.
- 4Add rice, pepper and combined sauces; stir-fry until well combined. Stir in half of the onions and cooked prawns and chicken.
- 5Serve topped with combined carrot, cucumber and remaining onions. Garnish with egg and fried shallots.
Look for shrimp paste in Asian groceries. Find sambal oelek and fried shallots in the Asian section of most supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeYesterday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019