- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 250 gram pork fillet, sliced thinly
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium (200g) red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 3 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 250 gram small uncooked prawns, peeled
- 4 cup cold cooked long grain white rice
- 4 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon kecap mains
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, extra
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon chopped unsalted roasted peanuts, toasted
- 2 green onions (green shallots) sliced thinly, extra
- 1Heat half the oil in a wok; stir-fry the pork, in batches, until browned. Remove from the wok.
- 2Heat the remaining oil in the same wok; stir-fry onion, capsicum, chilli, garlic, ginger and shrimp paste until fragrant and softened. Add prawns; stir-fry until changed in colour. Add rice; stir-fry for 1 minute or until well combined.
- 3Return the pork to the wok with green onions and kecap manis; stir-fry to coat the rice in sauce.
- 4Meanwhile, heat the extra oil in a large frying pan; cook the eggs, sunny side up, until the whites are set. Remove from the pan; cover to keep warm.
- 5Top each serve of rice with an egg; sprinkle with peanuts and extra onions.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021