Looking for our collection of vegetable soup and broth recipes to help you survive the cold weather.
- 30 gram unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 750 gram button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 4 cup (1l) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream
- 1Heat butter and oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.
- 2Add mushrooms; cook, stirring, over high heat for about 10 minutes or until soft and browned. The mushrooms will first absorb the oil, then give off juices that will eventually evaporate and the mushrooms will start to brown. This is the point that you want to reach before proceeding.
- 3Stir in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock; stir until mixture boils and thickens. Simmer, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from heat; stir in the cream.
- 4Serve soup in warmed bowls with snipped chives and good sourdough toast, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafYesterday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamSep 24, 2020
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020