Looking for our collection of vegetable soup and broth recipes to help you survive the cold weather.
- 30 gram unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 750 gram button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 4 cup (1l) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream
- 1Heat butter and oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.
- 2Add mushrooms; cook, stirring, over high heat for about 10 minutes or until soft and browned. The mushrooms will first absorb the oil, then give off juices that will eventually evaporate and the mushrooms will start to brown. This is the point that you want to reach before proceeding.
- 3Stir in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock; stir until mixture boils and thickens. Simmer, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from heat; stir in the cream.
- 4Serve soup in warmed bowls with snipped chives and good sourdough toast, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021