If you're a fan of tiramisu but believe that life is better with more chocolate, this is the dessert for you. It has all the desired coffee and liqueur flavours of the original with an added touch of Nutella. What's not to love?
- 1 cup (250ml) strong espresso coffee
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico
- 3 eggs separated
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 500 grams mascarpone
- ⅔ cup (220g) Nutella
- 200 grams small sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped
- 50 grams dark chocolate, grated
- 1Combine the coffee and half the Frangelico in a small bowl.
- 2Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl with a Kenwood electric mixer for about 4-5 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- 3Gently fold the mascarpone and the remaining Frangelico into the egg yolk mixture until just combined, then fold in the Nutella.
- 4Beat egg whites in a clean small bowl with the electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg white mixture into mascarpone mixture.
- 5Break biscuits in half. Dip half the biscuits for 1-2 seconds into coffee mixture and arrange biscuits in the bases of eight 1-cup (250ml) capacity glass dishes. Spoon mascarpone mixture over the biscuits. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Cover; refrigerate for several hours.
- 6Just before serving, top with a dollop of whipped cream and grated chocolate. Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeAug 13, 2020
- Lemon sand cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate stout cakeAug 13, 2020
- Fruit spirals with white chocolate sauceAug 13, 2020
- Coconut & lemon curd cakeAug 13, 2020
- Delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 13, 2020
- Cherry, almond & brown butter cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate, hazelnut & pear scrollsAug 13, 2020
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaAug 12, 2020
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesAug 12, 2020
- RatatouilleAug 12, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020