- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (300g) brown onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 large (180g) carrot, chopped finely
- 2 sticks (300g) celery, chopped finely
- 3 rashers (220g) bacon, chopped finely
- 500 gram pork mince
- 500 gram veal mince
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 medium (360g) zucchini
- 100 gram grated mozzarella
- 50 gram butter
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 cup (500ml) milk
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan
To make low-carb lasagne
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add minces, cook, stirring, until browned. Add wine, cook, stirring, for about 20 minutes. Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours or until very thick. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2To make cheese sauce, melt butter in a medium size saucepan over a medium heat. Add flour, cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until mixture thickens and bubbles. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in nutmeg and parmesan.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Spoon mince mixture into a large, shallow, overproof dish. Slice zucchini lengthways. Arrange zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, over mince mixture, then spread the cheese sauce over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 4Bake for 40 minutes, or until browned. Serve.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021