- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (300g) brown onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 large (180g) carrot, chopped finely
- 2 sticks (300g) celery, chopped finely
- 3 rashers (220g) bacon, chopped finely
- 500 gram pork mince
- 500 gram veal mince
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 medium (360g) zucchini
- 100 gram grated mozzarella
- 50 gram butter
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 cup (500ml) milk
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan
To make low-carb lasagne
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add minces, cook, stirring, until browned. Add wine, cook, stirring, for about 20 minutes. Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours or until very thick. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2To make cheese sauce, melt butter in a medium size saucepan over a medium heat. Add flour, cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until mixture thickens and bubbles. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in nutmeg and parmesan.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Spoon mince mixture into a large, shallow, overproof dish. Slice zucchini lengthways. Arrange zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, over mince mixture, then spread the cheese sauce over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 4Bake for 40 minutes, or until browned. Serve.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Fabulous frittata recipesJul 12, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020