- 900 gram fresh firm silken tofu
- 1 cup (200g) rice flour
- peanut oil, for deep-frying
- 1 red onion (170g), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 10 centimetre stick (20g) fresh lemon grass, chopped finely
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 8 wombok leaves
- 1Dry tofu with absorbent paper then chop coarsely. Stand tofu on several layers of absorbent paper, cover with more paper; stand 20 minutes.
- 2Toss tofu in rice flour; shake off excess.
- 3Heat oil in wok; deep-fry tofu, in batches, until browned lightly. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 4Combine tofu in large bowl with onion, coriander, lemon grass and chilli.
- 5Dissolve sugar in juice in small jug; stir in sauce and sambal. Pour enough dressing over larb to just moisten; toss gently to combine.
- 6Serve larb in individual leaves accompanied with any remaining dressing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020