- 2 large chicken breast fillets (400g), halved horizontally
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup 80ml) extra virgin olive oil
Fennel & nashi salad
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium fennel bulb (300g), quartered
- 1 medium nashi (200g), sliced thinly
- 4 red radishes (140g), trimmed, cut into thin wedges
- 4 cups (240g) chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan
- 1Pound chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap or baking paper with a rolling pin or meat mallet until 1cm (½in) thick.
- 2Lightly beat egg and 2 teaspoons water in a shallow dish. Combine almond meal, garlic, rind and parsley in a shallow dish; season. Dip chicken, one piece at a time, in egg; then dip in almond mixture to coat, pressing firmly. Place on a plate, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, make fennel and nashi salad: Place oil and juice in a screw-top jar; season, shake well to combine. Reserve fronds from fennel. Using a mandoline or V-slicer, shave fennel. Place shaved fennel in a medium bowl with nashi, radish and lettuce; toss gently to combine. Just before serving, add dressing, parmesan and reserved fennel fronds; toss to combine.
- 4Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat; cook schnitzels for 4 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 5Serve schnitzels with salad.
If nashi are not in season, use apple, pear or even orange instead.
Fennel fronds can be refrigerated in a bag; use in place of dill in salads, sprinkle over cooked pork or fish, or chop and stir into casseroles.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Raspberry and custard tea cakeJun 24, 2019
- Lamb kebabs on rosemary skewersJun 23, 2019
- Apricot bliss ballsJun 23, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJun 21, 2019
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesJun 19, 2019
- 19 indulgent dark chocolate recipesJun 19, 2019
- 12 lovely lentil recipesJun 19, 2019
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019