- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (150g), chopped
- 250 gram (8 ounces) mini red capsicums (bell peppers), quartered
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) ripe vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 100 gram (3 ounces) drained persian fetta, crumbled
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 fresh green jalapeño chilli, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) sprigs, extra
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion and capsicum, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cumin; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes and beans; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season to taste. Stir in coriander.
- 2Meanwhile preheat oven to 180°C/350°F; place a 1 litre (4-cup) ovenproof dish in the oven while preheating.
- 3Pour hot tomato mixture into hot dish, top with fetta; make four indents in the mixture. Break eggs into a cup, one at a time, sliding each into an indent. Sprinkle with chilli. Bake for 8 minutes or until whites of eggs are set and egg yolks are just beginning to set. (The cooking time will vary depending on what your ovenproof dish is made from, and may take up to 15 minutes to cook.)
- 4Serve topped with extra coriander.
The tomato mixture can be made a day ahead; reheat before adding the eggs. If you can't find mini capsicums, use 1 medium-sized capsicum instead and cut into chunky pieces. Serve with corn tortillas.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019