White chocolate cupcakes
- 250 gram butter, chopped
- 160 gram white chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup (385g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 40 small black jellybeans
- 2 cup (440g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 egg whites
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Line muffin pans (⅓-cup/80ml capacity) with paper cases.
- 2Stir the butter, white chocolate, sugar and milk in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth – do not let it boil. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
- 3Whisk sifted flours into white chocolate mixture, then add eggs and vanilla. Drop ¼ cups (60ml) of mixture into cases. Bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on wire racks.
- 4Make ghost frosting: Combine sugar, water and cream of tartar in a medium saucepan; stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; boil for 3-4 minutes or until syrupy.
- 5In the medium bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually pour in the hot syrup in a thin, steady stream, beating constantly, until thick and glossy. Continue beating until mixture cools to room temperature.
- 6Spoon frosting into a large piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm plain nozzle. Pipe a swirl to resemble a ghost onto each cupcake. Position jellybeans onto each ghost to resemble eyes.
Uniced cupcakes suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 banana bread recipesToday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 9:21pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 1:00pm
- Macaroni cheeseYesterday 1:00pm
- Chilli chicken stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 1:00pm
- 12 sensational san choy bow recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken schnitzelYesterday 1:00pm