- 3 cup (405g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 75 gram fresh blueberries
- 100 gram white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free icing sugar
- 1/3 cup (80g) blueberry jam
- 1/2 cup (125ml) crème fraîche
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine sifted flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Add blueberries and chocolate; stir to combine. Make a well in the centre, add milk; stir until just combined.
- 3Turn dough onto a lightly gluten-free floured surface; pat out until 3cm thick. Cut out 5cm rounds. Place scones, just touching, on tray. Gently knead scraps of dough together; repeat process.
- 4Bake scones for 15 minutes or until browned lightly and cooked through. Dust with sifted icing sugar; serve immediately with jam and crème fraîche.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave. Depending on the brand of flour you use, you may need to add extra flour. The scone dough should feel soft and slightly sticky to the touch. These scones are best served on the day they are made and are best eaten warm. You can use your favourite jam to serve with the scones
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021